This year the Montreal Health food show certainly didn’t disappoint. The Expo Manger Sante was again hosted at the Palais Des Congres. http://expomangersante.com/en/
Each year I write about the show and share any fun new finds there. For those that are not familiar with this trade show, it’s a gathering of producers of organic or healthier foods including farmers, cleaning products, cosmetics/hygiene products as well as alternative therapies and practitioners…basically right up my alley! You can buy products there at discounted prices, and some producers will also give you coupons.
Feel free to read about my finds from the past years in my past blogs.
So this year, here is the fun stuff I got:
- Gardening consultation from Urban seedling: My husband is our gardener and maintains a beautiful vegetable garden in the summer, though he thought he might have use of this consultation.
- Healthy places APP: this is an app for your phone that helps you find healthy places in your area like restaurants, grocery stores, fair-trade coffee shops, gluten-free bakeries, etc. So cool. The app is free, and is called RealFood. Great for travelling.
- Hair color from Coloration 3 chenes: my mom is looking for a healthier option to color her hair; this one is free from ammonia, silicone, paraben and resorcine.
- Postural clinic: I have some coccyx/tailbone pain and I’m looking for some new therapies for this. I found a few chiropractors in my area but this clinic looked particularly interesting. It offers posturology and other services, meaning the idea is to not just work the tailbone area, but to heal it through the correcting of my posture. Sign me up!
- For new mothers: found two places for healthy baby products: Calinsetpopotin.com and www.mamanautrement.com .
- DNA based nutrition: wow a clinic in Montreal offering DNA testing and nutrition advice based on the results.
- Holistic dentists: Basically dentists using better techniques, less chemicals, and a proper technique to remove your mercury amalgams.
- Pasta Oggi: I needed a frozen snack for when I don’t have time to cook, I got this delicious pasta which is gluten free. I do need to make a sauce for it, but my plan is to use my garden cherry tomatoes to make a tomato basil sauce then freeze that and use when I want with the pasta!
- Cacao powder and nibs: I go through cacao and cacao nibs super-fast as I am so into making smoothies. I also make this delicious hot chocolate with cacao, turmeric, maca, cayenne and maple syrup. Plus, I make a chia nut milk breakfast pudding with cacao powder, nibs, banana and hazelnut butter…mmm mouth-watering! Note that COCOA is not the same as CACAO (the latter being the healthier one).
- Organic Mulberries: a delicious ingredient in my smoothies
- Sea vegetable salt and pepper: got these salt and pepper mixes which include sea vegetables like dulse from New Brunswick area (so avoiding the Fukushima blast). A great way to intake some much needed iodine without really tasting the seaweed.
- Organic golden berries: for my husband, who snacks on these whenever he can get his hands on them.
- Natural tea from Les Jardins de la Mer: of course there are so many choices for tea, I love this one as it is real organic dried herbs with sea vegetables and it smells like a pine tree!
- Organic wine and apple cider: it was actually delicious, we bought a bottle. This is so important because grapes and apples are both heavily sprayed with pesticides…even Europe doesn’t want to import America’s apples anymore!
I look forward to next year’s!