This year’s Montreal’s organic health show did not disappoint. The ‘Expo Manger Sante’ is held at the Palais des Congres in downtown Montreal for the whole weekend and is a trade show of organic food and beauty products.
I love the show because you can browse all the different products, find new products, taste or try them and get coupons. You can also buy many items which are sold at up to 25% off their regular price. I walked out with two huge bags (or rather my wonderful husband did J).
This year, here are the items that I picked up at the show (I didn’t have time for the beauty products so only concentrated on food this year at the show):
- Toasted sesame seed oil: so tasty , I use it to make a vinaigrette recipe similar to what they serve at the Japanese Steakhouse!
- Chia seeds: I use these every day in my juices, as well as sprinkled over my leafy salads. They are high in omega 3 just like flax but you don’t’ have to grind them up.
- Hemp seed: I use them the same way as chia seeds, hemp is high in iron.
- Quinoa and other pasta: I love this company so much I have to share the brand with you, it’s Primeal and they sell various quinoa and other grain mixes as well as pasta made out of quinoa. The pasta comes in all shapes and flavored with different savors like tomato, eggplant, spirulina, curry, turmeric and garlic and parsley. My husband and I make a mean Pasta Aioli with baked salmon (we use the curry spaghetti and make it with garlic, olive oil and rapini).
- Coconut oil: so healthy, I use it whenever I need oil that I will heat up.
- Multivitamins: currently I buy the Mega Food brand and am still searching for the brand that will best suit me.
- Duck terrine: the tasting was delicious so why not! They also make chicken pot pie which was equally delicious.
- Cleaning products: Here again I have a favorite brand for some cleaning products, Bio-vert. I love their dish washing hand soap and their all-purpose spray. They expanded their product line to include more items like toilet and floor cleaners.
- Plant seedlings: as I now have a yard where I can make a garden, I can’t wait to grow some herbs and vegetables.
Along with all this I also picked up several brochures, magazines, recipes and coupons. A few pamphlets will help me figure out which company to choose for organic produce basket delivery, for which I am currently researching.
I hope you can join me next time!